BUYING A PROPERTY
Questions to ask the seller
What you should ask when looking at properties for sale.
- Why are you moving?
- How long has it been on the market?
- Is it chain-free?
- What are you leaving behind?
- How much are the average heating/electricity bills?
- How much is the council tax?
- How much ground rent/service charges do you pay?
- What are the neighbours like?
- Have you ever been burgled?
- Have you made any improvements? Do you have the relevant warranties?
- How easy is it to park outside? Any permits needed? If so, how much?
- What are the local schools like?
- Is it in a neighbourhood watch area?
- What are the local public transport links like?
- What local amenities are there?